Unisex Organic Cotton Blue Lepi Indigo TrainerUmoja Shoes
This variant is currently sold out.
- Robust organic cotton fabric
- Color: Natural tincture blue raw indigo
- Tongue and heel in black tree bark, interior lining in jersey, metal carnations and outsole in cork and rubber
- Indigo-dyed cotton is a traditional Dogon fabrics in Mali, used natural pigment
- A raw indigo canvas with patterns illustrating the sickles, these patterns symbolize the traditional environment between crafts and agriculture in which dyers bathe
- The brand associates this shoes with black barkcloth inscribed in UNESCO’s intangible heritage since 2005
- The indigo blue of this model is raw, without unwashing. The canvas is likely to turn off and this is quite normal. We advise you to clean the canvas later and as little as possible
- This model size normal. If you are between two sizes, choose the smallest
SIZE & FIT
|Dimensions||20 × 15 × 13 cm|
These shoes were made for walking Africa (and with thanks to two friends with a dream to create a world with more transparency and solidarity), that’s just what they’ll do. French, ethical shoe brand, Umòja - which means ‘unity’ in the Swahili language - is an eco friendly and sustainable footwear brand that combines tradition, modernity, and innovation through African textile craftsmanship (whilst also respecting the environment no less!). Excluding any and all nasty chemicals and animal leather, the brand instead chooses to use sustainable fabrics like organic cotton, tree bark textile, cork and mineral and vegetable paint.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Please allow 1-2 days for dispatch. For shipping times please check out our Shipping Policy.
Returns are accepted 14 days after an item has been delivered. For our Returns Policy please click here.
Please note that this brand ships from the EU. If you're ordering to the UK or other countries outside the EU the delivery might be subject to custom procedures, duties and/or customs fees.
In partnership with the Conscious Fashion Campaign Aequem is aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. All the labels showcased on Aequem are a part of this initiative. Umoja Shoes aligns with the following: