Handpainted BagNicoline Hansen
This variant is currently sold out.
- Please note each design it made to order so allow up-to 30 days for creation
- Each handbag is cut and painted individually by the designer in Denmark
- Latex is a vegan, sustainable material made from tree sap similar to the milk you find in a dandelion
- The delicate artwork on the bag is painted individually by hand
- Layers of colour are built up by using dyed liquid latex. This process makes the colours seem like they are almost glowing on the black, sleek surface
- The bag is soft and spacious with cotton lining and a small pocket inside. It is closed with a dark metal zipper and is carried in a chain. The edge of the handbag is adorned with a thick braided ribbon.
Nicoline Hansen, a true innovative and creative designer with the main goal to challenge the normal guidelines to fashion. Hansen uses her creations to empower those who wear them.
With a core focus in craftsmanship the brand makes sure each creation passes through the designer’s and artisan’s hands, holding the belief that something magical happens when you share the same values, respect and learn from each other, within the house. With a current obsession for latex, which is made from natural rubber dripping down from tress in the rainforest, Hansen has creatively introduced her own take on the many possible ways Latex can be used creating pieces in latex since 2014. From creations that empower and make my clients feel special and daring, to art installations that play with concepts of life and death.
In partnership with the Conscious Fashion Campaign Aequem is aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. All the labels showcased on Aequem are a part of this initiative. Nicoline Hansen aligns with the following: