Organic Cotton Blue Indigo Etoiles de Cap-Vert TrainerUmoja Shoes
This variant is currently sold out.
- Color: Natural dyeing Blue indigo
- White tree bark tongue and heel, inner lining in organic cotton, metal carnations, jute & plastic outsole
- The elegance and beauty of the pattern of this fabric originate from Cape Verde. The stars represent the ten islands of the archipelago
- This model is true to size. If you are between two sizes, choose the smallest one.
These shoes were made for walking Africa (and with thanks to two friends with a dream to create a world with more transparency and solidarity), that’s just what they’ll do. French, ethical shoe brand, Umòja - which means ‘unity’ in the Swahili language - is an eco friendly and sustainable footwear brand that combines tradition, modernity, and innovation through African textile craftsmanship (whilst also respecting the environment no less!). Excluding any and all nasty chemicals and animal leather, the brand instead chooses to use sustainable fabrics like organic cotton, tree bark textile, cork and mineral and vegetable paint.
- Made entirely with Manjak fabric from Saint-Louis In Senegal
- The brand associates this shoe with barkcloth inscribed in UNESCO’s intangible heritage since 2005
- Robust organic cotton fabric
- Avoid washing in a washing machine! Maintains as a classic canvas shoe with a soft cleaning (cloth and warm water)
FIT & SIZE
|Dimensions||20 × 15 × 13 cm|
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Please allow 1-2 days for dispatch. For shipping times please check out our Shipping Policy.
Returns are accepted 14 days after an item has been delivered. For our Returns Policy please click here.
Please note that this brand ships from the EU. If you're ordering to the UK or other countries outside the EU the delivery might be subject to custom procedures, duties and/or customs fees.
In partnership with the Conscious Fashion Campaign Aequem is aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. All the labels showcased on Aequem are a part of this initiative. Umoja Shoes aligns with the following: