10 tips to help stay happy and positive in self isolation
As the coronavirus situation worsens across the world, countries have been urged into lockdown and self isolation, with the aim of preventing the spread of covid-19 to those who may be deeply effected by it. These are challenging times as cities and whole communities grind to a holt.
Staying positive is a key therefore we decided to put together a list of 10 tips to make staying at home more pleasurable. Theres only so many friends re-runs we can watch before our brains start to turn to mush.
So if you're in need of a little isolation inspiration you've come to the right place... lets get into it.
- Spring clean – Tidy home, tidy mind! Kill those germs, declutter, sell or donate unwanted items (disinfecting first if you can :) - just in case). Marie Kondo style! This will make you feel so much better!
- Go through your wardrobe – Re-live a few outfits and re-home what you no longer need. If you’re really bored, have a Sex and the City style fashion show! * Music on, fashion regrets out. Tik Tok videos on the way. *
- Catch up on your emails – Been delaying any correspondence or digital errands? There’s no time like the present, get it out of the way so you can relax. * Forwarding all new emails to our out of office inbox *
- Pick up a new hobby – It could be a great time to start an activity you’ve always wanted to. Painting or reading are two hobbies you can easily do from home which will provide you with hours of fun. Live the dream, no one’s watching.
- Give your LinkedIn some love – use this time to improve your professional skills. Or if you’re thinking of a career change try improving your CV and schedule some video interviews. You might be up for promotion or a new exciting job as soon as this situation is over!
- Work on your mindfulness – In such chaotic times, we know everyone will be feeling overwhelmed, it’s incredibly important to try and keep calm in anxious times. We recommend meditation, you can find loads of tutorials on youtube as well useful apps you can follow along with! There has been no better time to have all those free trials!
- Learn a language – Duolingo is a great app for avid beginners looking to brush up on another language. A great way to spend the afternoon indulging in another culture. This summer you’ll be able to flirt in multiple languages * wink wink*
- Create a kitchen garden – Missing the outdoors? Start your own herb garden inside your home. Plants help create feng shui and that’s exactly what we need… fight that cabin fever and spice up your meals with us!
- Have *digital* conversations – Even if you’re on your own, reach out to family, loved ones or that hot acquaintance from your last holiday via skype or facetime. Having good quality conversations will make you feel happier.
- Exercising at home – It’s time to get the home video out or hop onto youtube. Better yet there are multiple apps that you can use for home workouts that require now equipment. Some of our favourites are Nike Training Club, 30 Day Fitness, Seven - 7 Minute Workout (and many others)! Making sure you keep those endorphins flowing, your mind and body healthy, keep at it and by the time this is all over you’ll have killer abs to thank us for!
Hopefully this has given you some inspiration to help fight the boredom - hang in there!
If you have any tips or ideas we might've missed share them with each other, we are all in this together and we must support one another at this time.
If you enjoyed this article don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter below and join the gang! Get informed, have fun and in the meantime make sustainability the norm!
Stay home and stay safe <3
Love, Aequem team xx